Arlington Boulevard at Courthouse Road and 10th Street
Access from North Courthouse Road to eastbound Arlington Boulevard is now open. Access from eastbound Arlington Boulevard to North Courthouse Road remains closed. The westbound Arlington Boulevard exit onto 10th Street North is also temporarily closed. View long-term detours.
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) will be performing the following lane closures on Arlington Boulevard between North Queen Street and North Pershing Drive:
- Monday, July 28-Friday, August 1, 6:30 a.m.-3 p.m. (westbound), 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (eastbound)
- Saturday, August 2, 6:30 a.m.-3 p.m. (westbound), 7 a.m.-5 p.m. (eastbound)
Learn more about the U.S. Route 50/10th Street & U.S. Route 50/Courthouse Road Interchange Project.
Columbia Pike and Washington Boulevard
Columbia Pike, South Wakefield Street and South Buchanan Street Paving
Planned night work for paving is scheduled for Monday, July 7-Thursday, July 10, and Monday, July 14-Thursday, July 15, 2014 (weather permitting) from 10 p.m.–5 a.m.
New Traffic Pattern Beginning Jan. 30
Beginning Thursday, Jan. 30, drivers traveling toward I-395 from eastbound Columbia Pike in Arlington will use a new traffic pattern:
- Traffic going to I-395 North will turn left at the signal on South Quinn Street. At the top of the ramp, traffic will then bear right and merge onto Washington Boulevard.
- Traffic going to I-395 South will head straight through the light at South Quinn Street and use the ramp on the right.
This traffic pattern will be in place for about 8-12 months. Message signs will be in place to notify drivers of the new traffic pattern.
Learn more about the U.S. Route 27/244 Interchange Project.
North Lynn Street
Construction has started on Central Place, lasting from February 2014-2017. The project is located along the heavily-used North Lynn and North Moore Streets and between Wilson Boulevard and 19th Street North. Both the Lynn Street Skybridge and North Moore Street Skybridge demolitions have been completed.
Temporary parking closures will be in effect on North Lynn Street throughout the project to allow for an additional travel lane when needed.
- Phase 3 and 6/7: Three travel lanes on North Lynn Street open only.
- Phase 8/9 (Dates To Be Determined): Three travel lanes on North Lynn Street open only. North Moore Street will be limited to two bus lanes.
- Commuters are advised to use alternate routes when traveling through Rosslyn to minimize impact. Alternative routes to the District of Columbia include Lee Highway to North Lynn Street, Arlington Boulevard to I-66, Glebe Road to Chain Bridge Road and George Washington Memorial Parkway.
- Motorists traveling from U.S. Route 110 intending to use North Lynn Street will be detoured via North Kent Street to North 19th Street, and will access North Lynn Street at the North 19th Street intersection.
Crews may perform some of this work during evening hours to minimize the impact to businesses and motorists. Residents can expect some construction noise associated with this work. Businesses located along North Lynn Street remain open during construction.
For ongoing construction updates and traffic impacts, visit The JBG Companies Central Place Construction Updates website.