Presented by Arlington County’s Transportation and Planning Commissions, County Board, and Transportation Division
For decades Arlington’s investments in its transportation network have allowed the County to accommodate new homes, jobs and services while decreasing traffic on its main roads. Can Arlington continue to serve as a model for managing growth? Will the future bring new transportation challenges requiring new solutions?
On Feb. 26, 2018, Arlington County hosted a conversation about transportation and planning, with local experts providing their perspective on the Arlington experience. The keynote speaker was Christopher Leinberger, a land use strategist and author and chair of the Center for Real Estate and Urban Analysis at the George Washington University School of Business. The event also included a panel discussion with audience Q&A.
Transportation Director Dennis Leach’s presentation:
Keynote Speaker Christopher Leinberger’s presentation:
Presentations and other event materials:
- Video of the event on YouTube:
- Slides for Dennis Leach’s presentation
- Display boards:
- 2015 Arlington Resident Transportation Study
- Review of 22202 Zip Code Area Data
- Multimodal Transportation Assessment – Updating Arlington’s Requirements for the Transportation Study Provided with Site Plan Applications
- Transportation Performance Monitoring Studies – Building-Level Development Requirement
- C3 Customer Care & Communications – Traffic Engineering Service for New Issues