Learn more about revisions to the Residential Permit Parking program.
Arlington County’ s Maximum Parking Rates:
- Rate at Long-Term Meters: $1.50 per hour
- Rate at Short-Term Meters: $1.75 per hour
Parking is a key piece of the transportation puzzle. As a limited resource that’s often in high demand, we manage more than 5,700 on-street parking spaces to:
- Balance competing needs of public transit, residents, visitors and businesses.
- Move people and goods efficiently.
- Support business district vitality.
- Create livable neighborhoods.
The majority of the off-street spaces within garages and surface lots, totaling more than 100,000 spaces, are owned, maintained and managed by the private sector. We encourage the use of off-street parking through signage and promotional materials.