2018-2019 Residential Permit Parking Application Forms Now Available
Eligible residents can order 2018-2019 residential parking permits and passes by visiting the Residential Parking Permit application site rppp.arlingtonva.us. To determine if your address is eligible for the program, visit rppp.arlingtonva.us/verify.aspx. Application forms may also be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 703-228-3344.
Are You Eligible for Permit Parking?
- Verify your address is eligible for permit parking.
- Contact the Residential Permit Parking Program at 703-228-3344 for a paper application.
- The fee for your first and second Vehicle-Specific Permit is $20. The fee for the third Vehicle-Specific Permit is $50.
Permit Parking Zones
- A total of 24 zones are indicated with red and white “Permit Parking” street signs.
- Parking is restricted on a block-by-block basis (numbered block). Certain physical blocks (bounded by two streets) contain more than one numbered block, in which case only a portion of the street may be zoned.
- Only neighborhood residents with County-issued permits and passes and their visitors may park on these streets during restricted parking hours; drivers without a Vehicle-Specific Permit, FlexPass or a Short-Term Visitor Pass risk ticketing and towing.
- Motorcycles and scooters may park in parking zones without displaying a permit or pass.
The free FlexPass is a dashboard placard that can be used in either a household or guest vehicle. The FlexPass is specific to the household and displays the zone number and household address. FlexPasses are renewed annually and only issued once per fiscal year.
FlexPasses are nonreplaceable except in instances of theft. To receive a replacement, you’ll have to fill out a police report and present the proper information to the County. The Flexpass may not be sold or transferred. If a Flexpass is sold or transferred to someone not visiting the residence, the results will be forfeiture of receiving a Flexpass for current and following year. For more information, call 703-228-3344.
Vehicle-specific permits are stickers placed on the bumper of the vehicle. The vehicles must be registered with the Arlington County Commissioner of Revenue at the zoned address. These permits are non-transferrable and non-refundable. In general, each household may have up to three vehicle-specific permits – however this number may be adjusted up or down at the request of the neighbors in a zone through a petition process. Households are defined as dwellings or units recognized by the Department of Real Estate Assessments.
We recognize that in some neighborhoods, zoned parking participants may wish to set the limit for Vehicle-Specific Permits at more or fewer than three cars per household and have set up resident-initiated procedures for making such a change. This change can take place if 60 percent of the households in a particular zone sign a citizen-initiated petition, specifying a different limit. Residents interested in pursuing such a change in their zone should complete a petition form. For more information, email us or call 703-228-3344.
Short-Term Visitor Pass
Residents may give a FlexPass or Short-Term Visitor Pass to their guests, allowing them to park on a zoned street. Short-Term Visitor Passes are tags hung from the rearview mirror. Residents fill in the circles and write the dates for which the pass is effective. Each pass is valid for up to three consecutive days. Short-term visitor passes may not be sold or transferred to people not visiting the residence, and violations of this provision will result in forfeiture of receiving the short-term visitor passes for the current and following year.
People who own real estate located in a restricted zone but don’t reside at that location may apply for a Landlord Permit at no cost. These placards enable the owner to park at the zoned address for the purpose of conducting business concerning the property.