The County’s Transportation and Development Division developed a strategic performance measures report in order to track the division’s progress toward the vision set out in Arlington’s Master Transportation Plan. The report helps to promote public transparency by clearly communicating progress to the community, County staff, and elected officials.
The Division plans to release an updated report after each fiscal year.
Transportation & Development Division
Vision: A thriving sustainable community supported by transportation choices allowing for seamless movement at any time and to any place.
Mission: Provide an accessible, integrated system of transportation choices in coordination with land use and development.
- Accessibility: Expand multimodal access and connectivity
- Mobility: Improve mobility for all users
- Safety and Security: Transportation infrastructure that is safe and secure for all users and all modes of travel
- Manage Effectively and Efficiently: Construct and manage effectively, efficiently and transparently
- Environment, Energy, Health and Economy: Enrich the quality of life in Arlington County through sustainable transportation improvements and infrastructure