Lighting design and construction within Arlington County shall follow the Arlington County Lighting Standards and Specifications latest editions. These standards and specifications are applicable for all lighting systems operated and maintained by Arlington County. These specifications include details on equipment, work procedures, measurement and payment.
This document also recognizes Dominion Energy (DE) products as standard lighting product, but the Contractor shall follow the Department of Environmental Services’ specification for equipment and installation methods.
This website contains the latest editions of the Arlington County Lighting Standards and Specifications. As the documents are revised, revisions will be detailed on this site. For questions regarding the specifications and standards, please contact Santosh Neupane, project manager.
Arlington County Lighting Specifications
- Lighting Specifications — Full document (Revised 09/15/2020)
Arlington County Lighting Standards
- Lighting Standards Combined — Full document (Revised 09/15/2020)
Previous Versions of Lighting Specifications
- 2019 Lighting Specifications and Lighting Standards Combined – These specifications were replaced September 2020
- 2018 Lighting Specifications and Lighting Standards Combined – These specifications were replaced August 2019.
- 2014 Streetlight Specifications and Standards — These specifications were replaced April 2018.