An Action Plan with a clear timeframe for reaching program goals/milestones is the backbone of the Vision Zero program. The County’s Vision Zero Action Plan details the County’s commitment to achieving the objectives defined in the County’s Vision Zero resolution. It articulates the values, goals, actions and performance measures that guide Vision Zero actions and evaluate the County’s progress toward eliminating traffic fatalities and serious injuries.
Our first five-year Action Plan presents a clear framework toward reaching our Vision Zero program goals. This Action Plan identifies key safety target areas, actions that improve safety in each target area, and measures for tracking our progress towards eliminating severe and fatal transportation injuries in Arlington County by 2030.
The timeline below illustrates key milestones and reporting timeframes over the five-year span of the Action Plan.
- We will implement action items, review their outcomes, and identify next steps in an iterative and collaborative process over the five-year plan.
- We will release an Annual Report and host a public meeting every year to collect feedback on our progress.
- We will host a mid-year check in with the External Stakeholders Group open to the public to gather additional insights and input on the program.
- We acknowledge that actions described in the plan may change over the five-year period, so we will provide updates on the project website and through email
- updates, which you can sign up for in the right hand panel of this website.
- We are tentatively planning to update the Action Plan in 2025.